C.S.D.I.A.I Mission Statement
- This organization is a not-for-profit, professional, association dedicated to the application of the forensic sciences in the Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice communities as well as the private sector. The Division's charter was granted in August of 1916 making us the first Division to hold a charter under the parent body (IAI). Our membership numbers in excess of 650 persons throughout the United States with the majority of members working in the State of California.
- To bring persons, who are actively engaged in the profession of Identification and Scientific Investigation, into an organized body so that the profession, in all of its disciplines, may be administered and practiced in an ethical and effective manner.
- To encourage the improvement of all disciplines of Forensic Identification and Investigation by fostering and supporting the need for original research, refinements of current methodology and professional training.
- To promote the sharing and dissemination of information and knowledge by sponsoring training seminars, publishing papers and articles and encouraging members to openly discuss all aspects of their profession with their peers and others seeing knowledge and skill.
- To set the highest standards of ethical, scientific and professional conduct for its members and to make those who command, manage or supervise within the Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice communities aware of these standards and encourage their adoption in these communities.
- To inspire in our members a professionals pride and commitment to serve Law Enforcement, the Criminal Justice System and society in general by applying their knowledge and skill to the best of their abilities.
CSDIAI Seminar Group Photo - Sacramento 2015
CSDIAI Past President's - Sacramento 2015